Monday, January 12, 2015

January 2015


No resolutions for 2015.  I don't trust myself to see them through, so rather than be disappointed in myself, I will just go with the flow in 2015.

I have been spending a lot of time on instagram lately and I am finding lots of artistic and crafty inspiration on there.  I have done a postcard size painting or drawing every day so far.  I wonder how long I will keep that going.  There is so much amazing art on instagram, I have to be careful not to spend all my time looking and not painting.  Also I am realising I quit too easily and have way too much negative self talk.  I am going to just try to enjoy the process and see if I make any progress or discover anything about myself while I'm at it.  And instead of tearing up anything I'm not happy with, I'm going to keep it to look back on and learn from.

I'm still deciding whether I'll post photos of what I'm painting on here or not.  Maybe....
In the meantime here are some photos I've taken out and about over the last month...including
some beautiful blue coloured jelly fish, which I've never seen before here on the mid north coast.  Many have been washed up on to the shore, but they are also in the river.  They really are a wonderful blue.







No comments: