Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bunny Love - a free pattern

I made a small pattern from a little watercolour painting I did way back in March 2010, when I first started a little bit of embroidery.  I am putting a link to it on the side bar, and I have started embroidering it.

It is mostly just backstitch, seed stitch, running stitch and some satin stitch.  I haven't specified any colours, so use anything you feel like!  I am trying to finish mine in time to put a pic up on Valentine's Day.  I used a bit of light blue watercolour paint on the bunnies, then I used running stitch as the filling stitch for them.  I am filling the inside of the heart with pink seed stitch, and I'm using satin stitch for the flower.  I've used 2 strands of floss for everything except the bunnies, where I used only one strand for the outline and one strand for the fill.

I'll post some more pics once I've finished.













4 comments:

Sue W said...

Oh so pretty and perfect for a little Easter treat!
Thank you :)

wenda said...

I'm glad you like it! :)

karmen said...

Gracias por el patron , yo no se bordar , son tan bonitos los trabajos que haces que un dia me animare y utilizare tu patron para aprender.Besitos,

wenda said...

Usted es bienvenido Karmen!