Friday, September 20, 2013

One must have sunshine...


I finally finished an embroidery....my first finished piece in such a long time. For some reason it was hard for me to persist, I was too restless to sit for long, so I am very happy that it is done.   Sometimes it is easier to finish something when I know I am going to be giving it as a gift.  It reminds me of the saying 'happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others' (Buddha). 

I really love the quotation on this one...'just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower'.

I tried to take photos as it progressed, so if I make it into a pattern, you can see the detail.
 















5 comments:

Sue W said...

Beautiful!

Kim said...

Beautiful! The progress pictures are really fun to see and I love the color combination you have used. Your persistence was worth it!

Montse said...

Precioso!! como me gustan tus bordados,saludos guapa.

Delia said...

Your work is so adorable! I love it!

wenda said...

Hey guys, thank you so much for your lovely comments!