Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I want to go wandering...

I was finally able to give my big sister the embroidered cushion I made for her!  It took a long time to finish because so much was happening the last few months.  It's only a few months late!

I embroidered a picture from the book "Off the Beaten Track" A Traveller's Anthology, by Laura Stoddart (Orion Books 2002).  It's a beautifully illustrated book full of quotes from travellers through the ages. 

I drew it onto calico first and coloured bits in with my Derwent colouring pencils before embroidering it.  I mostly used one strand of DMC cotton but there were a few places I used 2 strands, and stuck to the old trusty backstitch.




  The messy back of the embroidery!



 



Finished!


2 comments:

Sue W said...

Beautiful! Hope your sister loved her present!

wenda said...

Thanks Sue! She did, thank goodness!