Sunday, June 17, 2012





Oops, I just realised someone has already used the name Deer Girl, so I am changing the title of this post!  Only I can't think of anything at the moment so it and my brain are blank!

I did several little paintings last year, after I bought a small postcard size book of watercolour paper.  So when I was wondering what to embroider recently, I went back to the postcard paintings.  I've drawn one onto calico with pencil, and used some colouring pencils on the dress and the deer, and now I am stitching around it in backstitch.

I've been thinking about what to do with the 'girl' embroideries and think I will make them into cushions, like this one one I did for my sister.  If I knew how to quilt I would put them in the middle of little quilts.  Unfortunately my abilities do not extend that far.

Here it is, finished after many interruptions and a distinct lack of persistence ...



No comments: