Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Finished my fish


Lots of little projects going on so this took a while to finish up.  In between trips up and down the coast, babysitting, and visiting, he was finished at last.  I wish the satin stitch was a lot neater.  I didn't realise how hard it is to get a smooth shape, when there is no outline to stay within.

I used 2 different yellows, DMC 744 and 745 and a couple of different blues, DMC 907 the DMC variegated blues which I don't have the number for.  When I first started embroidering not quite two years ago I never wrote the numbers down when I wound them onto their little cards.  I do now!   I still have to put him in his hoop and back it properly.







Amazing clouds this afternoon.
Looking to the east, so much rain lately.  And it seems so strange to see all the blossoms and spring flowers on all the blogs I have been looking at when we are just starting Autumn.  I'll be dragging out the wool soon!

No comments: