Monday, January 2, 2012

Oops, new year already, hello 2012


This is a drawing I did which I ended up colouring in with Derwents.  I did the drawing from a photo of some really pretty little pebbles and shells in a rock pool down the beach.  Some of the photos I took that day ended up in a calendar, which was pretty exciting!  I'm contemplating doing a photo a day comp which actually started yesterday.  Typical that I am behind, but then I went for a swim today with my sister and niece so that was lovely.  I met them at North Curl Curl and the water was clear and clean and a 'just right' temperature.


There has been no embroidery done lately, because of Christmas, but I can't wait to get back into it.  The last big thing I did was the Tintin embroidery, which was chosen to be in the top ten finalists in the Feeling Stitchy competition.  The winners of that Feeling Stitchy competition were so good, it was great to see everyone's work.  Very inspiring!

Christmas came and disappeared just as quickly.  It was lovely to be with family and all the kids had a wonderful day, there was lots of good food, good weather and good company.  I did miss my sisters and my two nieces, though.  We really are lucky to be living where we are and enjoying everything here in Australia.

2 comments:

big B said...

Happy New Year! That is a lovely drawing.
-Kim

wenda said...

Thanks Kim! Happy New Year to you to, thanks for stopping by to say hello!