Sunday, January 29, 2012

I climbed on the back of a giant albatross


A new embroidery from a sketch I did last year.  The words kept coming into my head while I was stitching and I thought they were from an old Beatles song.  But no.  I googled it and they are from Traffic's Hole in my Shoe from the 1960s.  Now I just have to download it from itunes so I can hear it again!  I seem to remember it was a child's voice that speaks those words.

I have been doing a bit of sketching lately and trying to figure out how to do some free patterns to upload for anyone who wants to use them, as a few people have said they wish some of my embroideries were patterns.  These little ideas for sketches keep popping up a lot lately, so I have been keeping my sketch book handy, and that makes such a difference.  It's so easy to forget an idea if it's not jotted down somewhere.




And I joined Pinterest, which I will have to be careful not to become addicted to.  I want to do more drawing and stitching rather than spending huge chunks of the day looking around at all the wonderful stuff there is online.  I think I will have to allot a certain amount of 'pinterest' computer time.  Now it must be 'cup of tea' time......



PS...my little girl on her bird is on Feeling Stitchy, yay!! http://www.feelingstitchy.com/2012/01/sweet-bird.html

PPS...I have just put the pattern for this embroidery in my shop...wendalene at big cartel

No comments: