Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stay in Bed Sunday



Today is Stay in Bed Sunday so I am staying in bed.  So far so good, though it is only lunchtime.  This is to raise awareness for people suffering from mitochondrial disease and to help them find a cure.  It sounds like a terrible disease and one that I had not been aware of, till recently. 
I am reading The Island of Lost Maps - a True Story of Cartographic Crime, by Miles Harvey.  I love old maps, with their strange symbols and beautiful colours.  Place names have a way of taking you off into your imagination, conjuring up strange sights and mysterious adventures. 

I have also started an embroidery for the Feeling Stitchy Embroidery competition and have so far unpicked what I have done at least twenty times!!  My lettering needs lots of practise!  Anyway, I shall plod along with it, it's all good fun!





















I hope you are having a lazy Sunday too.  The rainy weather here is perfect for it.

No comments: