Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My first sewing machine!!

I bought this little Elna Opal a couple of weeks ago.  It's the first sewing machine I have ever purchased.  I've had a loan of my mother-in-law's for a while but haven't ever really sewn much. So when I thought it would help with little craft projects I decided to go for something really simple.  It only does running stitch and zigzag!!  I'm still getting used to it.
 Some french knots on the bottom of a little bear I made on the machine, but I'm so bad at sewing that I couldn't work out how to finish it off, and so I hand stitched along the bottom seam.
I don't know why she hasn't got any arms, I think it was too difficult.  Hopefully the next one will be better!!  It's a learning curve and that is supposed to be good for someone my age (grandmother age...but a young grandmother, really!)

No comments: